WHAT IS BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY? – AN INTRODUCTION
By allowing digital information to be distributed but not copied, blockchain technology created the backbone of a new type of internet. Originally devised for the digital currency, Bitcoin, the tech community is now finding other potential uses for the technology.
We are happy to welcome Usman Wahid and Marcus Pearl as guestspeakers. They are both Partners at Berwin Leighton Paisner, a global law firm based in London. Usman and Marcus will introduce us to blockchain technology, from a practical point of view but also from a legal perspective. Synch’s Sergii Shcherbak is on the panel and Jim Runsten will be moderating.
- Blockchain: definition & explanation
- Examples of use cases within London – particularly banking and insurance (both general and specific)
- Specific look at insurance market in London and why blockchain is being heralded as the future
- Specific risks (operational and legal)
– Structural problems with blockchain consensus based decision
– Dealing with software errors / bugs
– Transparent nature of blockchain vs confidential information / competition law issues / data privacy issues
– Conflicts of interpretation between smart contracts and actual contracts – legal remedie
When: 11 December 2017, 14.00-16.00
Where: Synch, Birger Jarlsgatan 6, 8 tr
RSVP: Kindly respond by 8 December to firstname.lastname@example.org